Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Bun in the oven!

Here it is! The BIG NEWS!

There will be one more ADHD child in this world June 1st, 2011. You don't know that it has ADHD. It's pretty much destined for the poor child. He's doomed. How do you know it's going to be a he? It's going to be a he. I need a man child. Apparently one girl is too much estrogen for one house.
We found YESTERDAY! Andy said he has suspected it for weeks. What with my mood swings and being late. Why didn't he say anything?! Because I was waiting for you to figure it out. It was actually amusing dropping hints and you not getting them. I am still slow.
I am seven weeks along and have my first doctors appointment October 25th! So far I haven't had any extreme cravings. My eating habits have changed quite a bit though. Being pregnant is exciting, but when you add in all the nausea, headaches, tiredness, and food not sounding appetizing at all, I begin to wonder. But then I look at baby clothes and it's all okay again.
I have found some foods that are delicious to my soul! Spicy foods are always a plus! Meat is OUT! I smelled some brisket this morning and got sick to my stomach. I had some Panang curry with tofu for lunch and that hit the spot. Fresh veggies and fruits are also on the list of delicious foods. Funny how it took me getting pregnant to start wanting healthy foods. Sugar is no longer a craving-- not even chocolate!! Andy tried telling the little alien(c'mon.. it's still in alien form.) that in this family we eat chocolate and we eat meat! It hasn't listened yet. I have a feeling we have a stubborn one on the way! But he will learn to cycle! We gotta get him riding a bike before he's five.
Maybe my sudden change in eating habits had something to do with watching Super Size Me in my Intro to HPER class. That was pretty disgusting. That's all for now! Let the wild rumpus BEGIN!

5 comments:

  1. the draper paper??????? you guys crack me up. hahahhahahaha. <--- just like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I literally squealed with joy when I saw the post on FB. Oh my gosh Victoria!!! How exciting!!!!! Ahh! I said, "Aaron, look!" He just stared and with his mouth wide open. We miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! So excited. My distaste for meat was actually the first hint of me being pregnant to my co-workers. We used to make carne asada tacos at work on our grill (me and like 5 guys LOL) and the smell made me super nauseated. They all knew I was pregnant like 3 weeks before I figured it out. I was 12 weeks before I even took a test....LOL! So don't feel bad, pregnancy makes us all a little loopy.
    If you need some good ideas for vegetarian and THAI recipes, let me know! I am happy to share! I didn't eat meat the entire time - except for a few sausage biscuits from McDonalds.
    You will have such a cute little baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. woohoo! Grandchild #5...can't wait! Already picking out names...heheehehe...knowing you won't use any of them!! Hey, I can buy all the noisy toys!!
    THE Grandma Ford!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi V&A:

    Comments from the baby's great aunt...Early in my pregnancy, all I wanted was rare steak, charred on the outside and pink on the inside. Toward the end, I couldn't get enough cucumbers and they had to be ice cold! It is an exciting time. I can't believe my "baby" is now 7 years old already.

    I will offer my name suggestions early...Aaron for a boy, Abigail for a girl. Had we not already had a cat named Abby, Bridget may have been named Abigail.

    You have so much to look forward to. We are so excited for you. Many blessings. Love AB.

    ReplyDelete